So we had our weekly tutor session today for an hour and thirty minutes in the Chaucer building with Julius Ayodeji. The following is what I took away from my time there.
Tutor Session (general tutorial talking points)
- Blog more research ideas
- talk positives / negatives
- Read Josh’s blog (as he’s being very good with posting his research)
- Show more iterative development
- Talk about building a guide for the site after
- Print/Create products to hand in
- Do Sketches for wire-frames
- Meeting the client on the 8th May 2016
- Meeting with Jools (my tutor) regarding Notification of Exceptional Circumstances due to my illness at 11am at Waverly Cafe 27/04/16
- Change Work Journal approach to begin posting BEFORE I start work in the day to get my work Journal up-to-date before I begin work.
Feedback on project from Jools/peers
- Watermark the music of score-sheets (an idea)
- Research ‘premium beat’ (suggestion from Tutor) regarding score-sheets for website
- Potentially use promo codes for the score sheets
- Basket System to sell the score-sheets
- Sound-cloud Embedding (of the score-sheets)
- Music plays to the or with the music you have (programming or design that effects hardware). Something I need to research this designing a website element that effects hardware.
Progress Report (what I’ve done so far)
- Negotiated the website structure with the client
- Discussed potential feature of musical score-sheets that can be previewed for free (2-3 pages) before being bought (feedback to have music play as well on the score-sheets)
- Setup Webhost package to hold the website on
- Organised date for face-to-face meeting to be the 8th May, 2016 in Nottingham.
What to do for 2nd May 2016 (agreed with tutor to finish for next week)
- Finish my draft blog posts and post my research, iterative development of product
- Level 1 Wireframes
- Level 2 Wireframes
- Website up without spotify, iTunes or Scoresheets
- Research Blog posts
A very productive tutorial where I got a lot of feedback on the work I’ve done as well setting goals for next week. I believe the goals I’ve set out to be very achievable if my health continues to be stable despite my sleep deprivation.
The musical-score sheet feed back was the most valuable on how to possibly implement it with all the potential research leads that I can take on i.e. premium beat, promo-codes, sound cloud embedding and web development that effects hardware of the computer (audio hardware).
Plenty to be getting on with!