For the core of the website I’ll be using a Bootstrap framework. I’m using it for the following reasons;-
- To have a more responsive layout for Mobile Users
- Quicker page load times because Bootstrap only compiles code thats needed
- Provides a technical framework to build the website around
- Works with all modern browsers and handles the differences of them behind the scenes
- Comes included with the JQuery framework (for great JQuery plugins such as ).
- Very well documented and intuitive to learn
- It’s FREE and open source (so I can use it commercially)!
- JQuery Plugins are limited but you can add extras to them
I’ve only used Bootstrap once before and that was when I worked at a design agency in my first year. So this will be a challenge re-learning to use this again and trying to understand this framework. I do feel though learning to handle Bootstrap will be half the battle in building a website without a Content Management System (CMS).
I can’t wait to get my teeth stuck into this framework as it’s a powerful/useful tool to have in my tool-kit when I enter the web design industry after graduation.